Sunday 12 April 2009

Bookmarks



Part of a personal swap - there is a matching ATC that goes with this bookmark. Obviously, the theme was 'Darwin' ^^





For the Original Art Bookmark swap on swap-bot ^^

This is going out to a woman in Spain, and I hope she likes it ^^

Textured card for the base, gorgeous green paper - two different types, hand drawn, inked and coloured Platypus on brown paper - torn to fit, detailing added with glitter-gel pens and a small gold corner detail sticker ^^

I enjoyed drawing the platypus - I've never drawn one before, it was a fun experience XD





Two bookmarks for the 'Gothic and Sweet Lolita Bookmarks' swap on Swap-Bot.

The girl I was making these for, doesn't like pink or hearts... which is pretty much the definition of Sweet Lolita... So, the Sweet one is creams, peaches and oranges, and note the distinct lack of hearts. Seriously, that one drove me mad.

I used many papers, many card, paper flowers, three types of lace, five types of ribbon, four brown buttons and ink pads to edge the bookmarks before sticking anything to them - oh, and a rose stamp for the backs.

I'm actually rather pleased with these, and I'm beginning to wonder whether I can SELL this type of thing c.c

What do you guys think? Considering the amount of work I put into them (and sometimes the kinda crap I get in return) what would you think of BUYING personalised hand-crafted bookmarks?

No comments: